Tag Archives: toxic black mold

Removing Bathroom Mold For A Cleaner, Healthier Home

Black mold, a toxin-based fungus which is dangerous to health grows wherever moisture is present in your home. The main causes for black mold developing in your home are due to roof leaks, leaky faucets or any other leaks. Removing bathroom mold and black mold are absolutely necessary as these can cause very serious problems to your health.

People exposed to black mold over a long period of time may develop acid reflux, sinus, allergies, respiratory and digestive problems, and might even experience agonizing body pain. This type of mold can cause death, too.

Being life-threatening, it is very important to get the proper treatment, if you identify black mold symptoms. It is essential to get rid of the mold and spores to take out the fungus in the right manner. Mold treatment products and techniques can be found at local stores or even online. It is always good to buy the best brands of products which can effectively treat the root of the mold problem.

When the area is treated, it is necessary to plug all leaks and clean the area thoroughly with a sponge, making sure that it stays clean all the time. Discard any items you find discolored from that area to avoid the fungus from spreading.

If there are leaks found behind your walls, a plumber will be the most qualified person to fix this problem, as treating the fungus on your own will not help in any way. So, take suitable measures to prevent humidity and plug all leaks. Oftentimes, it takes mold only a day to develop. Once the source of the problem has been identified, immediately seal all areas that are contaminated.

Vents, doorway or openings are the starting points that need to be sealed by covering them with plastic sheets, duct tape is the most effective adhesive to keep the plastic firmly in place and prevent black mold from entering your bathroom or any other area of your home. Dust particles are responsible for the spread of spores, so it is imperative to keep the area clean.

Make sure to dust your home regularly, and also purchase quality bathroom mold and black mold removal products to completely eliminate all traces of fungus from your home.

Cleaning Toxic Black Mold

If the homeowner has discovered that toxic black mold is a problem in their living space, there are certain steps that must be taken to ensure that it is cleaned properly. First and foremost, one must know exactly where this fungus is located before such treatment can begin. The next consideration is whether or not the individual can care for this toxic substance on his or her own. Cleaning toxic black mold involves a lot of precautionary work and the homeowner may not always be equipped to tackle all areas affected. This may be especially true when confined spaces or the heating and air conditioning units have been affected. Once these decisions have been made, the individual can begin to tackle the source of many health concerns.

What Will You Need to Clean Toxic Black Mold?

Whether the homeowner has opted to hire a professional or has taken the do it yourself approach, personal protective equipment is needed. These items not only protect the individual from inhalation of spores but can also aid in not spreading this substance. Clothing worn during these efforts should be removed before entering into any other locations. Each location must be properly sealed off and cleansed from one area to the next. The room can typically be sealed off with plastic and tape; duct work must also be covered. Heaters, air conditioners and other sources of air pressure should be shut off during the process.

Other Important Considerations

Toxic black mold clean up alone will not ensure that such an issue will not arise again. Treated areas should be inspected after the initial clean up. In addition to this, one must also promote measures to prevent the growth of such organisms in the future. This is critical to saving the homeowner time, money and possibly health concerns. The source of the moisture should be dealt with immediately. This may involve fixing leaks, investing in a dehumidifier and/or other products. Areas affected by the source of water should be thoroughly dried in a timely manner. Removing any excess water as soon as possible is always recommended.